From The Texas DFPS Website, here is a list of Involuntarily Suspended or Revoked Child Care Operations in the State of Texas – (I have listed only page 1 of the 34 pages of names on here. You can view the next pages of the list by clicking here or on the Next Page link at the bottom of this list below.
There are 34 pages of these child care facilities that have been suspended or revoked from caring for children. This list is compiled from facilities closed only within the last two years. There are approximately 20 listed on each page. Multiply that by 34 pages, and get approximately 680 facilities closed involuntarily in a two year period – according to TDFPS.
That averages to about 2 facilities a day.
I figure that in order for these facilities to be closed down – they had to have done something pretty darn awful. After all, there are so many violations that are reported on the facilities that remained open – and those violations are bad enough to make you sick. If they aren’t closed down for some of those violations, then i could not imagine what would have gotten these shut down – I don’t know if I reallt want to know..
Maybe thats why they don’t list why – these facilities were closed …?
Oh yeah, this list does not include closings that are pending or still in review, either – so there’s no telling how many the list would grow to, if those were included too, eh ?
———————————————————–From TDFPS: This list only includes child care operations that have had a permit revoked or involuntarily suspended in the last two years. Child care operations that closed for other reasons or closed more than two years ago are not listed here. Also, this list only includes revocations or involuntary suspensions that are finalized, not those which are still under review or appeal. For further information, please contact your local Child Care Licensing office. Type Revocation or Suspension Operation/Caregiver Name & location
- Revocation Michelle Y. Turner 2020 Sterne Avenue Apt 9C Palestine, TX 75803
- Revocation Tammie Nell Johnson 381 A C R 1370 Palestine, TX 75801
- Revocation Irma Irene Rey 1202 NW 5TH Andrews, TX 79714
- Revocation Feliciana G. Sanchez PO Box 732 Poteet, TX 78065
- Revocation Janie Villalobos PO Box 546 Charlotte, TX 78011
- Revocation Betty Jean Smith 18537 Hwy 159 West New Ulm, TX 78950
- Revocation Maron Thomas 8405 FM 1456 RD Bellville, TX 77418
- Revocation Rita Patek 227 Willow Sealy, TX 77474
- Revocation Elizabeth Ann Gonzales 1 Pine Point DR #201 Bastrop, TX 78602
- Revocation Jimmy Lee Taylor 405 Magnolia Bastrop, TX 78602
- Revocation Lillie Barnett 310 MLK JR DR Bastrop, TX 78602
- Revocation Brenda J. Grant 105 Prather DR Killeen, TX 76541
- Revocation Cleta Ennis 2313 Lily Killeen, TX 76542
- Revocation Cynthia S Benton 1225 Chippendale Dr Killeen, TX 76549
- Revocation Holly Lynn Rowland 3101 West Adams Ave # 266 Temple, TX 76504
- Revocation Juana Olsen 3208 Rampart Loop Killeen, TX 76542
- Revocation Latasha Carroway 2808 Daytona Dr Killeen, TX 76549
- Revocation Lorena Ortiz 2210 Herrington ST Belton, TX 76513
- Revocation Mary Macomber 1704 Fox Trl Harker Heights, TX 76548
- Revocation Aida Ross 158 Cherry Ridge San Antonio, TX 78213